As a pupil at our school your daughter will be required to adhere to our rules and to conform to our regulations. There are many areas in which she will fail without your assistance. The following are our rules and they are as binding as the ten commandments, if you wish your daughter to stay with us and have a happy time. It is because of these rules that Convent is such a special school and one of the best schools in Zimbabwe and on the African Continent as a whole.
- Classes commence at 7.45 am, therefore all pupils should be in school by 7.30 am.
- Classes end at 12.30 pm for the Gr.1 and at12.45 pm for all other grades. No pupil should have to wait for more than half an hour to be collected.
- Afternoon activities are only for Gr.lV upwards except for ballet, choir and brownies. Afternoon activities and study end at 3.45 pm. Pupils should be collected before 5.00pm and certainly no pupil should be here when Fourth St. gate closes at 5.30pm.
- Pupils are never allowed to wait outside the school gates for collection.
- If an activity or sporting event is cancelled, the pupils should join the study class. They will not phone home and they may not sit around the school yard unsupervised.
- No pupil may leave the school premises during the day without written permission from her parents.
- If a pupil is absent we require a letter of explanation from her parents. No scraps of paper please, as this is an insult to the teacher.
- Pupils must attend school in complete school uniform and have the correct sports uniform. Jewellery and fancy hair – styles are not suitable for school. All items of uniform mustbe clearly marked.
- All school fees must be paid in full before the first day of each term and the pupils must produce her receipt (or a photo-copy) on the first day of each term.
- All homework must be checked for content and signed by parents. This is a most important rule and the one most neglected.
- A high standard of behaviour is required of our pupils. Good manners should be evident at all times e.g. how they greet the staff, parents and visitors to the school.
- After school, pupils should not be seen around shopping centres in school uniform. If you daughter accompanies you into the shops on the way home she must be in FULL school uniform and that includes shoes and hat!
- The school rule (and in Zimbabwe in general) is to KEEP TO THE LEFT. This is especially true on the stairways.
- No pupil is allowed in the school building before the teacher arrives. No pupil may return to the classroom after the teacher has dismissed the class. This would involve taking the teacher’s key, which is a very serious offence.
- At the change of lessons pupils must move around the school grounds quietly as a courtesy to those who are still working.
- Medicine must not be brought to the school. If a pupil requires medication this must be handed to the class teacher for dispensing.
- It goes without saying (but I have to say it!) that no pupil should take anything that belongs to another or to the school. This is stealing.
- Pupils should not bring large amounts of money to school. This may tempt others to steal. Expensive and imported dolls or toys should be left at home as these are very tempting for the less fortunate.
- Name badges must be worn at all times. When replacing a lost one always remember it has to be in your daughter’s house colour.
- Convent girls are known for being well presented and lady like in the way they carry themselves. Make sure your daughter comes to school in a clean uniform, clean hat and socks and polished brown shoes.
- Gates will be locked at 7.30am